Q. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
- I was born in Accra, Ghana. I’m a recent Computer Science graduate from Ashesi. I’m an occasional blogger and contributor to blogs.
Q. How did you start writing?
- Writing is something I have done since childhood. However, I was inspired by a close friend, and a myriad of experiences, to take up serious writing in the summer of 2012.
Q. Tell us, what inspires you?
- Everyday Ghanaian life, snippets of conversation in a tro-tro, that kind of thing. Of course, experience. I try to take ordinary stories and flip them, tell them from a different angle.
Q .Who are your major influences?
- My single biggest literary influence is George Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four. However, most of my influences come from cinema, particularly the work of Hollywood filmmakers Christopher Nolan, Martin Scorsese and Derek Cianfrance.
Q. What do you like about the piece you submitted?
- The setting. I feel like there’s more to tell in that ‘world’, so to speak.
Q. How do you feel about having your work produced?
- I’m humbled.
David Edem Dotse is a recent graduate of Ashesi University. In addition to writing, Edem is a talented musician. Check out his blog and music at the links below: